Welcome to our Full Moon Kayaking Trip to Dinner $85
Our plan is to meet in Dunphy Park in Sausalito and get oriented to kayaking before sunset. We will paddle along the scenic Sausalito waterfront and Richardson Bay with sweeping views of San Francisco, the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz Island. We'll make a stop at the Paradise Bay Restaurant for dinner (drinks and dinner not included). We ask that you limit your alcoholic beverages to one. After dining, we'll launch our kayaks with "the city" in view and a full moon rising. Our evening will finish up around 10:00pm.
To confirm your place on this trip, please send a check in the amount of $85 made payable to Blue Water Ventures to 108 Mason Street, Santa Cruz, CA 95060. You may also pay for the trip using a Card Credit via Pay Pal. Please visit our secure online Payment Center for instructions.
Plan on meeting at Dunphy Park in Sausalito at 5:00pm on ___________ . From the Golden Gate Bridge take the Sausalito/Marin City Exit which is approximately 3 miles north of the bridge. This exit will take you into Sausalito via Bridgeway Blvd. Take a left onto Napa which is across the street from the Remede Day Spa (1621 Brideway). Take an immediate right into the parking lot that lines Dunphy Park (there is also a sign reading: Cass Marina Public Shoreline Access). We will meet near the water's edge by the blue and white Gazebo. Just look for our kayaks and gear!
This evening we will be using double sea kayaks which are very stable and easy to use. No previous kayaking experience is necessary.
As far as things to bring, here are a few suggestions I can offer:
* Dress in layers -- medium-rated fleece, capilene, or wool are good insulators; bring a warm top that can be put on as evening approaches; a thin layer of capilene or silk longsleeve underwear are a nice addition, but any long sleeve undershirt will do.
* Long pants -- quick drying nylon or fleece work well; you will be in a closed deck boats and will stay pretty dry.
* Wind breaker or paddling jacket
* Footgear - tennis shoes, Teva type sandals or wet suit booties -- any style is fine; they may get wet as we launch.
* Fleece or wool cap
* Paddling gloves ( optional)
* Sun glasses (or prescription glasses) attached with a leash
* Binoculars and camera in waterproof bag or double ziploc (use at your own risk)
* Water bottle
* Flashlight or headlamp
* Small Compact daypack (optional)
* Small bills to cover dinner expenses
* Change of clothes and shoes for ride home
That covers the logistics for our Sausalito by Full Moon Kayak trip. Release forms will be discussed and signed before launching. Refunds are given when cancellations are made at least 14 days in advance of trip date. A full refund will be given if the trip is canceled due to inclement weather ( rain or wind; not light fog or mist).
on the day of the trip Kim can be reached on her cell phone at: (831) 345-2417
Until the Full Moon Rises.....
Kim Powell, MRPA
Owner, Operator & Naturalist
Blue Water Ventures
phone & fax: 831-459-8548
108 Mason St., Santa Cruz, CA 95060