Sausalito Waterfront by Kayak and Picnic with Betty's List and the naturalist of Blue Water Ventures
October 22nd 10:00am-3:00pm $95
Welcome to our Sausalito Waterfront by Kayak, Social Gathering and Picnic
Join The women of Betty's List and the naturalist of Blue Water Ventures for a great day on the water followed by a relaxing picnic and social time afterwards. Our plan is to meet in Dunphy Park in Sausalito at 10:00am and get oriented to our kayaking adventure. We will paddle along the scenic Sausalito waterfront and Richardson Bay with sweeping views of San Francisco, the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz Island. Returning to Dunphy Park, we will have a relaxing picnic and social time in this lovely urban park. We plan to finish up our day by 3:00pm. You may bring your picnic and leave it in your car until our return to the park for social time. Beginners welcomed.
To confirm your place on this trip, please send a check in the amount of $95 made payable to Blue Water Ventures to: 127 Mason Street, Santa Cruz, CA 95060. You may also pay for the trip using a Card Credit via Pay Pal. Please visit our secure online Payment Center for instructions.
Plan on meeting at Dunphy Park in Sausalito at 10:00am on October 22nd. From the Golden Gate Bridge take the Sausalito/Marin City Exit which is approximately 3 miles north of the bridge. This exit will take you into Sausalito via Bridgeway Blvd. Take a left onto Napa which is across the street from the Remede Day Spa (1621 Brideway). Take an immediate right into the parking lot that lines Dunphy Park (there is also a sign reading: Cass Marina Public Shoreline Access). We will meet near the water's edge by the blue and white Gazebo. Just look for our kayaks and gear! Here’s a link to Dunphy Park: More Info and the actual address of the park is 1601 Bridgeway, Sausalito.
We will be using double sea kayaks which are very stable and easy to use. No previous kayaking experience is necessay, beginners welcomed.
As far as things to bring, here are a few suggestions I can offer:
* Dress in layers -- fleece, capilene, or wool are good insulators; bring a warm top that can be put on if a fog bank approaches
* Long pants or shorts -- quick drying nylon work well; you will be in a closed deck boats and will stay pretty dry.
* Wind breaker or paddling jacket
* Footgear - tennis shoes, Teva type sandals or wet suit booties -- any style is fine; they will get wet and muddy/sandy as we launch.
* Paddling gloves ( optional)
* Sun glasses (or prescription glasses) attached with a leash
* Binoculars and camera in waterproof bag (use at your own risk)
* Water bottle and snack in compact lunch bag
* Small Compact daypack (optional)
* Change of clothes and shoes for afterwards
* beach chair or towel for relaxing in the grassy field of Dumphy Park
* Picnic and Adult or other Beverages left in car for afterwards
That covers the logistics for our Sausalito Kayak trip. Release forms will be discussed and signed before launching. Refunds are given when cancellations are made at least 10 days in advance of trip date. A full refund will be given if the trip is canceled due to inclement weather ( rain or wind; not light fog or mist).
On the day of the trip Kim can be reached on her cell phone at: (831) 345-2417
See you there!
Kim Powell, MRPA
Owner, Operator & Naturalist
Blue Water Ventures
phone & fax: 831-459-8548
127 Mason St., Santa Cruz, CA 95060