Sausalito Waterfront by Kayak for Women, Brew Tasting and Picnic $80
September 16th 10:30am-3:00pm
Welcome to our Sausalito Waterfront by Kayak, Brew Tasting and Picnic
Join the naturalist of Blue Water Ventures for a great day on the water followed by a relaxing picnic and social time afterwards. Our plan is to meet in Dunphy Park in Sausalito at 10:30am and get oriented to our kayaking adventure. We will paddle along the scenic Sausalito waterfront and Richardson Bay with sweeping views of San Francisco, the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz Island. Returning to Dunphy Park, we will have a relaxing picnic and social time in this lovely urban park. We plan to finish up our day by 3:00pm. You may bring your picnic, your favorite Craft Beer to share and leave it in your car until our return to the park for social time. Beginners welcomed. We will provide extra cups for the tasting and some salty snacks to compliment your brew.
To register and confirm your place on this trip, please visit our ONLINE CALENDAR Space is limited to 20 women so don't delay!
Plan on meeting at Dunphy Park in Sausalito at 10:30am on September 16th. From the Golden Gate Bridge take the Sausalito/Marin City Exit which is approximately 3 miles north of the bridge. This exit will take you into Sausalito via Bridgeway Blvd. Take a left onto Napa which is across the street from the Remede Day Spa (1621 Brideway). Take an immediate right into the parking lot that lines Dunphy Park (there is also a sign reading: Cass Marina Public Shoreline Access). We will meet near the water's edge by the blue and white Gazebo. Just look for our kayaks and gear! Here’s a link to Dunphy Park: More Info and the actual address of the park is 1601 Bridgeway, Sausalito.
We will be using double sea kayaks which are very stable and easy to use. No previous kayaking experience is necessay, beginners welcomed.
As far as things to bring, here are a few suggestions I can offer:
* Dress in layers -- fleece, capilene, or wool are good insulators; bring a warm top that can be put on if a fog bank approaches
* Long pants or shorts -- quick drying nylon work well; you will be in a closed deck boats and will stay pretty dry.
* Wind breaker or paddling jacket
* Footgear - tennis shoes, Teva type sandals or wet suit booties -- any style is fine; they will get wet and muddy/sandy as we launch.
* Paddling gloves ( optional)
* Sun glasses (or prescription glasses) attached with a leash
* Binoculars and camera in waterproof bag (use at your own risk)
* Water bottle and snack in compact lunch bag
* Small Compact daypack (optional)
* Change of clothes and shoes for afterwards
* beach chair or towel for relaxing in the grassy field of Dumphy Park
* Picnic and Adult or other Beverages left in car for afterwards
That covers the logistics for our Sausalito Kayak trip. Release forms will be discussed and signed before launching. Refunds are given when cancellations are made at least 10 days in advance of trip date. A full refund will be given if the trip is canceled due to inclement weather ( rain or wind; not light fog or mist).
On the day of the trip Kim can be reached on her cell phone at: (831) 345-2417
See you there!
Kim Powell, MRPA
Owner, Operator & Naturalist
Blue Water Ventures
phone & fax: 831-459-8548
127 Mason St., Santa Cruz, CA 95060