Pride Paddle and Gourmet Picnic in Sausalito featuring Chef Clarissa Flores!
June 24th 10:00am-2:30pm $95 (includes a naturalist-led kayaking trip and gourmet picnic afterwards)
Welcome to our Pride Paddle and Gourmet Picnic in Sausalito featuring Chef Clarissa Flores!
Join the naturalist of Blue Water Ventures and professional chef, Clarissa Flores for a great day on the water followed by a delicious picnic afterwards. Our plan is to meet in Dunphy Park in Sausalito at 10:00am and get oriented to our kayaking adventure. We will paddle along the scenic Sausalito waterfront and Richardson Bay with sweeping views of San Francisco, the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz Island. Returning to Dunphy Park, we will meet Chef Clarissa and have a relaxing picnic and social time in this lovely urban park. We plan to finish up our day by 2:30 in case anyone is heading into San Francisco for the Dyke March or other Pride festivities.
To confirm your place on this trip, please send a check in the amount of $95 made payable to Blue Water Ventures to 127 Mason Street, Santa Cruz, CA 95060. You may also pay for the trip using a Card Credit via Pay Pal. Please visit our secure online Payment Center for instructions.
Plan on meeting at Dunphy Park in Sausalito at 10:00am on June 24th. From the Golden Gate Bridge take the Sausalito/Marin City Exit which is approximately 3 miles north of the bridge. This exit will take you into Sausalito via Bridgeway Blvd. Take a left onto Napa which is across the street from the Remede Day Spa (1621 Brideway). Take an immediate right into the parking lot that lines Dunphy Park (there is also a sign reading: Cass Marina Public Shoreline Access). We will meet near the water's edge by the blue and white Gazebo. Just look for our kayaks and gear! Here’s a link to Dunphy Park: More Info and the actual address of the park is 1601 Bridgeway, Sausalito.
We will be using double sea kayaks which are very stable and easy to use. No previous kayaking experience is necessary.
As far as things to bring, here are a few suggestions I can offer:
* Dress in layers -- fleece, capilene, or wool are good insulators; bring a warm top that can be put on if a fog bank approaches
* Long pants or shorts -- quick drying nylon work well; you will be in a closed deck boats and will stay pretty dry.
* Wind breaker or paddling jacket
* Footgear - tennis shoes, Teva type sandals or wet suit booties -- any style is fine; they will get wet and muddy/sandy as we launch.
* Paddling gloves ( optional)
* Sun glasses (or prescription glasses) attached with a leash
* Binoculars and camera in waterproof bag (use at your own risk)
* Water bottle and snack in compact lunch bag
* Small Compact daypack (optional)
* Change of clothes and shoes for afterwards
* Adult or other Beverages left in car for afterwards
That covers the logistics for our Sausalito Kayak trip. Release forms will be discussed and signed before launching. Refunds are given when cancellations are made at least 10 days in advance of trip date. A full refund will be given if the trip is canceled due to inclement weather ( rain or wind; not light fog or mist).
On the day of the trip Kim can be reached on her cell phone at: (831) 345-2417
See you there!
Kim Powell, MRPA
Owner, Operator & Naturalist
Blue Water Ventures
phone & fax: 831-459-8548
127 Mason St., Santa Cruz, CA 95060