Historic Cannery Row By Kayak~Snorkel or Stroll Option
$80 adults, $60 for youth under 18
August 2nd 10:00am-3:00pm
From Cannery Row, enter scenic Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary. We'll search the flourishing kelp beds for marine mammals such as sea otters, harbor seals and sea lions.
The protected and historical cove that lines Cannery Row is an ideal
site for those new to the sport of kayaking. We will offer an optional guided snorkeling experience as we slip into the water for a look at the underwater world of a kelp forest.
T0 REGISTER: PLEASE VISIT OUR ONLINE CALENDAR
We are excited to offer a truly unique combination of activities as we explore Monterey Bay National National Marine Sanctuary. Encompassing 5322 square miles of ocean, Monterey Bay supports one of the planet's most biologically diverse ecosystems. Our day on the water will take us above and below the canopy of a kelp forest as we look for some of its residents such as sea otters, harbor seals, sea lions and sea birds.
We will begin with a leisurely paddle along the historic Cannery Row. After making a stop for lunch, we'll offer the option to join us in the water for a guided snorkeling experience. You may also relax on the beach or take a stroll as others snorkel. While our supplies last, you make request one of our Farmer John style wetsuits however, a full body suit is recommended for optional warmth while snorkeling.
You may rent a wetsuit and/or snorkel gear in Cannery Row at Breakwater Scuba before meeting us. Email kim if you have questions at: email@example.com Our plan is to meet at San Carlos Beach in Cannery Row at 10:00am (directions below).
We will stop for lunch and be back on shore by 3:00pm.
As far as things to bring, here are a few suggestions I can offer:
* Dress in layers -- Fleece, capilene, silk or wool are good insulators; bring a warm top that can be put on if cool weather (fog) approaches; no cotton as it does not keep you warm when wet
* Rash Guard—(optional) to be worn under wetsuit
* Full body Wetsuit or we will \a farmer John (no sleeves) while our supply lasts
* Bathing Suit—arrive with it on
* Wind breaker or paddling jacket
* Footgear - tennis shoes, Teva type sandals or wet suit booties -- any style is fine; they will get wet as you wade in to launch your boat.
* Hat with visor for sun protection
* Water bottle
* Snack in a compact lunch bag take in boat with you
* Sunscreen and lip balm
* Sun glasses (or prescription glasses) attached with a leash
* Binoculars and camera in waterproof bag ( use at your own risk);
* Small, compact day pack (optional)
* Change of clothes for ride home to be left in car
That covers the logistics for your Cannery Row by Kayak~Snorkel or Stroll. A full refund will be given if the trip is cancelled due to inclement weather ( high winds or rain; not light mist or fog). Release forms will be discussed and signed before launching our boats. We are looking forward to our adventure together on the water! ! Refunds are given when cancellations are made at least 10 days in advance of trip date.
We are excited to share this unique combination of activites!