Welcome to our Kayaking Adventure along the Sausalito Waterfront. $90 4-5 hours, time varies
Our plan is to meet in Dunphy Park in Sausalito and get oriented to kayaking before sunset. We will paddle along the scenic Sausalito waterfront and Richardson Bay with sweeping views of San Francisco, the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz Island.. Our evening will finish up just befopre dark.
This speciality trip is offered a few times a year, email Kim for details at firstname.lastname@example.org
Plan on meeting at Dunphy Park in Sausalito at TBA on ______ . From the Golden Gate Bridge take the Sausalito/Marin City Exit which is approximately 3 miles north of the bridge. This exit will take you into Sausalito via Bridgeway Blvd. Take a left onto Napa which is across the street from the Remede Day Spa (1621 Brideway). Take an immediate right into the parking lot that lines Dunphy Park (there is also a sign reading: Cass Marina Public Shoreline Access). We will meet near the water’s edge by the blue and white Gazebo. Just look for our kayaks and gear!
Today we will be using double sea kayaks which are very stable and easy to use. No previous kayaking experience is necessary.
\As far as things to bring, here are a few suggestions I can offer:
* Dress in layers — medium-rated fleece, capilene, or wool are good insulators; bring a warm top that can be put on as evening approaches; a thin layer of capilene or silk longsleeve underwear are a nice addition, but any long sleeve undershirt will do.
* Long pants — quick drying nylon or fleece work well; you will be in a closed deck boats and will stay pretty dry.
* Wind breaker or paddling jacket
* Footgear – tennis shoes, Teva type sandals or wet suit booties — any style is fine; they may get wet as we launch.
* Fleece or wool cap
* Paddling gloves ( optional)
* Sun glasses (or prescription glasses) attached with a leash
* Binoculars and camera in waterproof bag or double ziploc (use at your own risk)
* Water bottle and snack
* Small Compact daypack (optional)
* Change of clothes and shoes for ride home
That covers the logistics for our Sausalito by Kayak trip. Release forms will be discussed and signed before launching. Refunds are given when cancellations are made at least 10 days in advance of trip date. A full refund will be given if the trip is canceled due to inclement weather ( rain or wind; not light fog or mist).
on the day of the trip Kim can be reached on her cell phone at: (831) 345-2417
Kim Powell, MRPA
Owner, Operator & Naturalist
Blue Water Ventures
phone & fax: 831-459-8548
127 Mason St., Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram
Phone: (831) 459-8548
Santa Cruz, California
Monday – Saturday:
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Sunday CLOSED