Women’s Valentine’s Day Paddle, Tidepools and the Love Life of Sea Creatures~Feb. 13th 2022
Pillar Point Harbor (near Half Moon Bay) 1:30-6:00pm $85 More Info
Book a private tour or visit our Local Tours This speciality tour is offered a few times throughout the year,
Join the naturalist of Blue Water Ventures for a great day on the water! Launching from Pillar Point Harbor near Half Moon Bay. we’ll have a leisurely kayak trip through the protected and scenic harbor. Cormorants, pelicans, terns and harbor seals join us for our morning paddle. Great trip for beginners and those interested in coastal ecology. We plan to include a tidepooling excursion with special emphasis on the mating rituals of sea creatures. Singles and couples welcomed to join us on our Valentines Day Paddle.
We would like to welcome you to our Pillar Point Harbor By Kayak with Blue Water Ventures.
Pillar Point Harbor offers a protected bay for kayaking and beach combing along Maverick’s Beach adjacent to Fitzgerald Marine Reserve.
Refunds are given when cancellations are made at least 10 days in advance of trip date. This amount includes a naturalist-led kayaking trip and guided beach hike
Tandem style closed deck sea kayaks are used which are very stable and easy to paddle. This trip is appropriate for beginners and/or women intrigued by the natural history of our coast.
Plan on meeting at the Pillar Point Public Launch Ramp in El Granada, just a few miles north of Half Moon Bay at 1:00pm We will be off the water by 6:00pm so bring a picnic dinner to enjoy on the beach after exploring the tidepools.
From Highway 92 in Half Moon Bay, head north on Highway One and take a left onto Capistrano Road which is across the street from Half Moon Bay Sushi (10151 Cabrillo Hwy N in El Granada). Take your first left into Pillar Point Harbor and continue straight through one stop sign to the public launch area at the very end of the road. You will pass by the Half Moon Bay Kayak Company on the right, continue until you reach the end of the road where there is a bathroom facility and launch area. You may check in with us first and then park your car on the bluffs above the harbor in the public parking area for boaters. Be sure to park in a space designated for car rather than a car~trailer combination.
As far as things to bring, here are a few suggestions I can offer:
* Dress in layers — medium-rated fleece, capilene, or wool are good insulators; bring a warm top that can be put on as evening approaches; a thin layer of capilene or silk long sleeve underwear are a nice addition, but any long sleeve undershirt will do.
* Long pants — quick drying nylon shorts or sweat pants work well; you will be in a closed deck boats and will stay pretty dry
* Wind breaker or paddling jacket
* Footgear – tennis shoes, Teva type sandals or wet suit booties — any style is fine; they will get wet or sandy as we launch
* Pair of gloves–paddling gloves (optional)
* Sun glasses (or prescription glasses) attached with a leash
* Binoculars and camera in waterproof bag (use at your own risk)
* Water bottle
* Snacks and a lunch- take in boat with you
* Change of clothes for ride home *Face Mask and Hand Sanitizer
That covers the logistics for our Kayaking Adventure! Release forms will be discussed and signed before we launch or you may download, print and sign here: waiver and bring with you.
Kim Powell, MRPA
Owner, Operator & Naturalist
Blue Water Ventures
phone & fax: 831-459-8548
127 Mason St., Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram